Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lost two days

Wednesday I didn't get to run because I would have broken my "no running after eating" rule. It sounds like a cop-out, but it really isn't a high quality exercise when you're full. You run slower and you feel like you're going to throw up the entire time; it's just not worth it. I'm going to make up for it, though, by not skipping Sunday like I had planned to.

Yesterday, I was actually running really hard. I'm almost positive I broke a speed record... up until I dropped my phone on the ground which popped the battery out, making me lose the record for my run. Oh, and the screen cracked as well. First-world problems, anyone?

Finally, I just looked up how to prevent shin splints, and I'm doing the exact opposite of just about everything on the list.  You're not supposed to increase in intensity as fast as I am, you're supposed to have good running shoes, you're not supposed to run every day unless you're an experienced runner, and running on hard surfaces increases the stress on your joints and muscles. Oh how much fun I'm going to have in the upcoming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment