Friday, September 21, 2012

Good News and Bad News

So recently, I got a full time job, which is great! I can finally fund my journey with proper shoes, clothing, bathroom scales, and maybe even a gym membership for when it gets too cold to run outside. Aside from all the practical benefits of, you know, having an income again, it feels really good now that I'm not wasting every day playing video games and surfing reddit.

Also, my pants are loose! I'm losing weight! This is definitely one of the secondary goals of the whole program, but I'm definitely glad that I can already see some amount of progress.

Now, the bad news. Having a full time job is great and all, but I'm really exhausted when I get home from work, to the point where I just don't have any will or energy to go run. I seriously haven't ran in the past 3 days and I feel really bad, since I'm only hurting myself by not running for so long. That being said, it's just a matter of working around my new schedule to fit running in. I could run in the mornings, but that would involve waking up an hour earlier than I do right now, and I'm still trying to adjust to a 1st-shift schedule from being on a 3rd-shift schedule all summer. Tomorrow and Sunday I get out at 3pm, so I'll probably be able to run those days, and I get two days off every week, so I will definitely run on those days. hopefully I can get back up to 6-days-a-week capacity like I was doing while unemployed. I'm not too worried about the long-term effects to my schedule, but short-term, I might not train hard enough to run the 5k I'm signed up for on October 5th.

The other bad news is that I have some kind of pain in my right foot. It doesn't actually hurt when I run, but it only started hurting after I started running, so there's almost definitely some connection there. My massage therapist mother told me that it's probably related to a Tae Kwon Do injury I had sustained last year, but I shouldn't worry about it unless the pain gets noticeably worse, which it hasn't. With any luck, it's just my body freaking out about being so active after such a long period of lethargy and it will just go away with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment