Monday, September 10, 2012

Beginning of Week Two!

Beginning of week 2 and I'm feeling really optimistic. Last week, I ran 1 mile monday, wednesday, and 1.5 miles on friday, alternating between walking and running every two minutes. I can already see myself getting faster and my stamina is definitely increasing. There's no way I could have ran this hard or this long just 2 weeks ago.

This week, I'm going to run for 3 minutes, then walk for 2, increasing my time of running from last week. I'm also going to run everyday (taking sunday off so I don't kill myself), when last week I only ran every other day. Why am I making my schedule this much tougher? Because I'm gong to run a 5k about 1 month ahead of schedule and I need to get super prepared for it. My sister signed us both up for this 5k obstacle course on October 6th, but most couch-to-5k plans give you two months to build up your strength, so I've had to modify the routine a bit.

This week, like I said before, I'm going to run for 3 minutes, walk for two. Next week, I'm going to run for 2 minutes and walk for 1, and for an extra half-mile. the week after, I'm going to run for 3 minutes and walk for 1, for a total of 3 miles. The following week, I'm going to run 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometers), resting the day before the race. If all goes according to plan, I should be able to run a 5k by the beginning of next month. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment